I was drawn to therapy, as a consumer, because I needed help. Although smart and well educated, I lacked self-confidence. My anxiety and perfectionism robbed me of the ability to access my full potential. The less than satisfying results showed up in my business and personal relationships. I didn’t believe I could consistently express a clear, strong voice and stand tall. So I made a choice and reached out to a therapist for help.
Learning about myself in therapy, I was able to stand back and be more objective (and less subjective). With the help of a trusted, caring, well-trained advisor I began to take back the lost pieces of myself. It was important to me during this process that I was learning to speak the language of my soul.
Getting reacquainted with the still, small voice of intuition inside eventually allowed me to start voicing myself more clearly. As I uncovered my passions the creativity blossomed and life became more meaningful! Not perfect, just better. It became really important to serve a greater purpose, one bigger than just myself.
Excited about the ability to transform through therapy, I went back to school to get the necessary credentialing to help others and opened my own office. One of the greatest gifts I received from this choice is: finding out that understanding oneself takes a lifetime and the benefits outweigh the hard work.
Although my business and personal relationships are improved, I find it takes constant self-adjustment to remain vital and alive. This is my doctrine: a well-examined life is a well-lived life!
· Educational Specialist Degree in Marriage & Family Therapy (Converse College, Spartanburg, SC – 2001)
· Masters of Science in Taxation (Fontbonne University, St. Louis, MO – 1996)
· Masters of International Management (Thunderbird School of Global Management, Phoenix, AZ – 1982)
· Bachelors in Business Administration (University of Notre Dame, Southbend, IN – 1980)
· Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist in: Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina
· Certified Hypnotherapist through the International Medical & Dental Hypnotherapy Association
· Clinical Member of the American Association of Marriage & Family Therapy (AAMFT)
· Clinical Member of the Missouri Association of Marriage & Family Therapy (MOAMFT)